Inspiration Recreation

Monday, April 20, 2015

Target Beauty Box - Spring 2015

  Today I received the Spring 2015 Target Beauty Box!  Who new Target produced a beauty box?!  And at $5 I could not pass up the chance to check it out.  Here is a look at what was included:
The product info card came with a $3 off coupon to use on a Target beauty department purchase in-store or online.  There was also a 20% off coupon to use on a purchase from DERMSTORE.  I have ordered a Dermstore mystery bag and recently subscribed to their monthly beauty box called BeautyFix and have enjoyed both.

Cost of Box:  $5 (plus tax if applicable, includes free shipping)
Total Box Value:  $25.61
Impressions:  For $5 I am really impressed with the size of the samples that Target included in this beauty box.  There are beauty boxes that charge a lot more per box that do not provide deluxe sized samples like this.  However, the samples included in this box are typical drugstore brands so don't expect high end products.  It's perfectly fine by me because places like Target is where I typically shop anyway.  Of course, I don't wear makeup so I will not be using the setting spray or lipcolor.  I don't use hair spray so I will not be using that either.  Those items will be traded or given away.  The Neutrogena gel-cream is oil-free, fragrance-free, dye-free, and non-comedogenic but, with exception to water, the list of ingredients would require a course in chemistry to decipher what they were.  I am not comfortable with the idea of using it on my face but I'll probably use it on my hands because they always seem to be dry and in need of rich creamy moisturizers.  I tried in on the back of my hand and it felt silky smooth and absorbed quickly.  I do wish it had been a bigger sample; this tube is very tiny and will probably last only a couple of uses.  The primary reason I bought this box is because I really wanted to try the SheaMoisture shampoo.  I like this brand and have bought their products before because they do include natural and organic ingredients.  And I like that their hair products are ethnic/natural hair friendly so I'm looking forward to seeing how this works on my hair!  It's sulfate free and smells wonderful!

The box was advertised as having a value of $38 but I am not sure how they came up with that value.  Even though the box doesn't have the $38 value by my calculations based on Target's listed prices, the box is still worth at least 5 times what I paid for it so I will not complain.  Although I'm only using 2 of the 5 samples, it's still a good deal for me.  The value of the shampoo and gel-cream are a little more than the cost of the box so I'm happy.  I like that Target releases what products will be in the box when the box goes on sale so you know if it's worth buying ahead of time and it's not a automatic renewing purchase like subscription beauty boxes.  And the box ships pretty quickly.  I received mine within a few days of purchasing it.  I plan to buy this box each season it's released (granted there is at least one item in it that I could use).   Overall, this box is an incredible deal for the price but if you want to buy a Target Beauty Box the next time one is released, you have to buy it quickly because this one sold out in a matter of hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment