Inspiration Recreation

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Subscription Box Trades - March 2015


The upside of subscription box services is that you can score some great items well below the retail value but the downside is that you may end up with some items that leave you feeling like you wasted your money.  Some box services will release a theme or a spoiler for items that will be featured that month, but usually you have no clue what you're getting until you open the box.  Surprise!  So you're just as likely to end up with something you love or as you are to get something you really don't want and will never use.  Of course, you could always gift the items you don't like to friends, family, and co-workers or try selling them on eBay.  I've also found that by being a part of a subscription box community site, I can make fair trades with other friendly, like-minded subscription box lovers.  Both parties walk a way with less stuff they don't want and more of what they will actually use.  It's a win-win!  I trade or "swap" my unwanted items on the My Subscription Addiction swap page.

Here are the swaps I made in March:
Fortunately, I was able to get rid of a few of the items from the March PopSugar Must Have box that I really was not impressed with along with a few makeup samples from various beauty boxes I subscribe to.  I'm in a bit of hand cream and lip balm phase right now so I've been on the hunt for these types of items on the swap board.  The Lauren B orchid and peony hand cream smells wonderful.  The shower gel I didn't like so much because it smelled like rosemary and menthol (I guess it would be great if I had a cold!).  The Mitchell and Peach body cream ended up not smelling or moisturizing as nicely as I had hoped but I'll still use it.  I really like that the Body Shop lip balm is all natural, but it is a bit too sticky (somewhat like a lip gloss) for my preference.  I'll use it in a pinch but would never buy it.  I got the Burt's Bees brightening cream to hopefully help lighten a couple of small hyper-pigmented spots on my face caused by acne.  Overall, I'm pleased with the trades/swaps I was able to make this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment