Inspiration Recreation

Friday, April 10, 2015

Goodebox - April 2015


I am so excited to have another beauty box subscription that caters to my preference of natural products!  Goodebox features trial-sized, and occasionally full size, samples of natural and organic beauty and personal care items. You can sign up to receive a box monthly or bi-monthly; I signed up for monthly delivery.  They have one of the most extensive beauty/skin care/hair/etc profile questionnaires I've ever come across with a beauty box before so I'm hoping that means they do a more thoughtful job of matching samples to subscriber's preferences than most other beauty boxes do. Here is what I got in my April box:
Info Cards:




Gressa Renewing Polish 0.25 oz ($5.70 value)





Cost of Box:  $19 (includes shipping)
Total Box Value:  $30.35
Impressions:  The first thought that went through my mind when I opened this box was, "Yes! No makeup!"  I tried to make my lack of interest in makeup as clear as I could when filling out my questionnaire so I'm glad they didn't include any.  I hope that continues with future boxes.  I like that they include little info cards with information about the product, ingredients, how to use, etc.
I think the razor is pretty neat because it is made of recycled plastic and is sustainable.  A razor is a very practical item that every girl needs and this one will be used.  I cannot stand the feel of dry lips so I  am all about lip balms and will definitely be using the mint Bee Balm.  And I thought the packaging with the wood label is pretty cool.  The renewing polish arrived half melted and leaking but it solidified when I put it in the fridge for a little while.  I normally stay away from using gritty exfoliators on my face and the lavender and rosewood scents are a little strong but I'll give this polish a try anyway because it has honey in it.  I've had good results using honey masks on my face in the past.  I'll probably just apply it more like a mask rather than using it as a scrub.  I've been wanting to try the Derma E brightening creme for a long time so I'm glad I got this sample.  The item I'm most excited about trying is the rescue and relief spray.  I often spend time outdoors in the sun so the aloe juice and cucumber extract in this spray sounds perfect for spritzing on my skin afterwards.  The downside is that it does not smell good in my opinion.  I think the company should really consider adding some kind of fragrance to make it a little more appealing.  This box also included a card with a discount code for a clean energy power company which I thought was a little weird but I get that it goes along with their Earth Day theme.
Overall, I thought this month's box was pretty good.  The value is about $11 more than what I paid and I plan to use all the samples.  Goodebox looks like it may be a good fit for me so I'm looking forward to next month's box.

No comments:

Post a Comment