Inspiration Recreation

Saturday, April 25, 2015

LOFT Review


Last week I ordered a few things from the LOFT during one of their friends and family sales.  I purchased the following items at 40% off:

Striped Linen Flutter Shell X-Small ($29.70)
 
Triangle Sheer Sweater Small ($35.70)
Striped V-Neck Tee Small ($11.70)
 
  
 
All for under $140, I think I made a pretty good haul.  I am pleased with the fit and the quality of the pieces for the price I paid.  I love stripes and blue which you can definitely tell judging by this order!  The triangles sweater is an attempt to add patterns other than stripes to my wardrobe.  The triangles are definitely a bold pattern for me but I like the airy pointelle fabric of this sweater.  This should be great as a transitional spring piece with a tank underneath.  I like the loose fit and breathable linen fabric of the flutter shell but I will probably have the flutter sleeves removed.  Details like that just make my arms and shoulders look bigger; plus I don't like the baby-doll look of it.  I haven't been a fan of deconstructed style jeans in the past but this year I wanted to give them a try.  And I am surprised by how much I like these jeans.  They do not look too ratty and the straight leg allows me to mimic the boyfriend jean look without looking baggy by cuffing the hems.  The Loft modern cut jeans are straight through the hip which also gives the look of skinny jeans in the hip area on my figure, which I prefer.  The sleeveless mixed media tee is very light and comfortable.  I like the drape of the fabric but I imagine the other lighter colors this tee was offered in have to be see-through (especially the panels on the shoulder/across the back) because even this darker blue color is slightly on the sheer side.  But the thin fabric will be good for the hot summer months.   The striped V-neck tee is another good basic.  The striped pouch is larger than I expected it to be but I like that it is large enough to be used as a clutch.  Of course I like the stripes and the leather-like pull on the pouch but I do wish it had a little more structure.  The bracelet set is not great quality and I would never have paid the $20 full price for them but they are still cute costume jewelry that is understated enough for my taste.  Overall, I am happy with my order and plan to keep everything.  I will get a lot of wear out of these pieces, so I think this order was a good deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment