Inspiration Recreation

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Petit Vour - April 2015

I received my monthly beauty box from Petit Vour today!  If you are interested in vegan, cruelty beauty products, give this box a try.  I like that they also feature natural and organic products.  Here is what arrived in the April box:


Lauren B Nail Polish in I'm So LA 0.5 oz ($18, Full Size)

Cost of Box:  $15 per month (free shipping to US)
Total Box Value:  $38.12
Impressions:   I like that the nail polish is full size but I do not wear nail polish and even if I did, I would not like this color on my nails.  It's a little too girly-girl for my preference.  I will be putting this up for trade so someone else can enjoy it.  I am quite intrigued with the Konjac sponge.  It feels very hard in the package but I guess it softens once you wet it.  The package says that the sponge will last about 3 months.  This should be a nice additional tool to my facial brush.  I like that a sunscreen was included since we're coming into the spring/summer season when people will be out in the sun more, but I really wish that this one wasn't a tinted sunscreen.  If it was not tinted, I would probably keep it instead of trading it.  The individually packaged towelettes will be nice to have handy in my purse.  I like that they are gentle enough to be used any where on your body.  Overall, I think the value of this box is great.  The retail value is twice what I paid but the value of the 2 samples I plan to use are less than what I paid for this box.  However, since the cleansing sponge lasts 3 months, I'm satisfied with this box.  I'm also pleased with how quickly this box is delivered.  My box arrived within 4 days of shipping from Texas to South Carolina.

I also ordered a sample of R.L. Linden & Co. Thousand Petal Beautifying Mist ($2) to try because I've read reviews that highly recommended it.  
The regular price is $48 for a 3.4 oz bottle so I like that Petit Vour offers small, inexpensive samples for customers to try before committing to a pricey full size purchase, but they don't have this option for all products.  I'm not sure of the size of the sample because it isn't listed.  This mist contains ingredients such as Colorado spring water, honeysuckle, rose, and calendula extracts, organic Jojoba oil, and Neroli and Jasmine essential oils.  Doesn't that sound heavenly?!  They recommend applying it after cleansing and before applying any other products or spritz throughout the day for a hydration and radiance pick me up.  I have very dry skin so having a way to hydrate my skin without applying multiple layers of face moisturizers throughout the day is appreciated.  And a fresh, light skin moisturizer like this would be ideal when you are going to be outside during hot summer months and  want to avoid having a lot of heavy products on your face.  This small sample size has been great for carrying around in my purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment