Inspiration Recreation

Saturday, April 11, 2015

PopSugar Must Have - April 2015

I received my April PopSugar Must Have box today!  PopSugar Must Have is a monthly subscription box that sends a variety of full size items that include home, fashion, beauty, food, etc.  The theme of the April box was:  spring, simplicity, markets, and outdoors.  All things that I love!  Here's what was included in this month's box:
Dabney Lee Umbrella ($20)
Coupons for Flip + Tumble bags, Produce Candles and bonus Mott 50 Gift Card ($25)

Cost of Box:  $39.95 (includes free shipping)
Total Box Value:  $101 (excluding the $25 bonus gift card)
Impressions:  I think PopSugar did a great job curating this box to match the spring theme.  The rhubarb candle is made of soy wax and smells wonderful!  It arrived in a very impressive heavy-duty plastic bubble case so there was no risk of the glass jar breaking during shipping.  I love all things serum so I'm most excited to try the organic One Love body serum.  It doesn't really spray well but I love the gardenia and tea scent.  Plus, it's made with 100% natural ingredients!  I like to keep a small umbrella in my work bag but it seems to always be misplaced when I'm getting off work and its pouring down rain.  So having another back-up umbrella to stash in my desk is nice.  I searched the Dabney Lee website and couldn't find the umbrella for sale in the shop so I'm not sure if it is a PopSugar exclusive or if it will be released for sale in the future.  The reusable bag is made of a rip-stop nylon material, measures 12" x 14" x 5", and can carry up to 35 lbs.  I often use reusable bags for grocery shopping so this bag will definitely be put to use for quick trips to the store when I only need to pick up a few things.  The bag was very wrinkled when I took it out of the pouch so I steamed it lightly for photos but the thin, lightweight fabric makes it easy to stuff the bag back into the pouch.  When the bag is in the pouch, it is a compact 3 inch wide disk making it perfect for keeping handy in your purse.  I like the width and non-slip design of the shoulder strap and that the bag isn't too big and cumbersome when it's full.  Plus the little pouch that contains the bag becomes a neat little interior pocket when the bag is turned out; great for holding your phone or keys when you're at the farmers market.
I love to use basil for caprese salads so I hope I'm successful with the Garden in a Bag.  It's nice that it's certified organic seed and materials.  I was planning to use the Mott 50 gift card towards the purchase of this Navy Striped Baby Blanket which I thought would make the perfect picnic and beach blanket!
But even with the $25 gift card, the blanket, tax, and shipping would still cost me nearly $50!  That's a lot more than I want to spend on a baby/beach blanket.   Maybe I'll be able to trade the card for something else.

Overall, I think this month's box is a 180 degree turn from the March box and I couldn't be happier about it!  Some people called last month's box "practical" but this month's box is my idea of practical.  I like and will use all the items in this box (excluding the bonus gift card) so I feel I definitely got my money's worth this month.  I hope May's box will be just as good!

A note on shipping:  PopSugar ships via FedEx but my boxes get transferred to USPS for final delivery.  This month's box took 7 days to arrive in South Carolina from New York which is an improvement from last month which took 10 days to arrive from California.  I'm not sure if the location of where they ship from changes often but just be aware that delivery time could change significantly from month to month.

No comments:

Post a Comment