Inspiration Recreation

Thursday, March 19, 2015

DermStore Mystery Bag


Lately I've really gotten in to trying subscription box services and mystery grab bags.  Of course there is a risk that you could get a whole lot of stuff you don't like or have no use for, but you can also get lucky with a whole lot of great stuff you love for significantly less than the retail value.  I learn about a lot the these types of subscription boxes and mystery bags through the My Subscription Addiction website.  The most recent one I ordered was from DermStore, a skincare and beauty product web store.  Apparently, they have different versions (for body, hair, makeup, etc.) of mystery grab bags that they sell on occasion.  I ordered the Body Beautifiers Grab Bag (9 piece) which cost $35 but I paid $29.75 with a 15% discount.  The order included a free 2-yr subscription to Martha Stewart Living magazine and free shipping.

Here's what I got:

 
Zents Attar Oil Concentrate - Pear (5 ml, full size) ($38)

Skylark Memoir Fragrance Collection (3 scents, 0.18 oz each, full size) ($20)
 
Pevonia Botanica Dry Oil Body Moisturizer (1.7 oz deluxe sample - $10.38 value)) ($41.50 for 6.8 oz)
 
Burt's Bees Milk & Honey Body Lotion (1 oz, size discontinued) ($1.99)
 
AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Body Lotion (1.3 oz deluxe sample ($3.98 value)) ($26 for 8.5 oz)
 
Bliss Lemon & Sage Body Butter (1 oz deluxe sample ($4.33 value)) ($29 for 6.7 oz)
 
Juara Candlenut Body Creme (1.5 oz deluxe sample ($7 value)) ($35 for 7.5 oz)
 
Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant (0.25 oz deluxe sample ($9.75 value)) ($78 for 2 oz)
 
Atopalm Moisturizing Cleansing Wipes (25 wipes, full size) ($13)
 
Medicell Labs Advanced Moisture Eye Mask Duo (1 pair, deluxe sample ($15 value)) ($60 for 4 pairs)
 
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and Velvet Skin Coat (free foil samples)
 
Dr. Hauschka Firming Mask (free foil sample)
 
Some of the items came stuffed inside a clear plastic makeup bag with handles.  It doesn't zip or unzip very well because it's a cheap quality plastic bag so I doubt I'll be using it for anything.
 
I'm crazy about skincare and body items so I was excited about these products.  Although they aren't natural, I can still use almost all of these products because this mystery bag was geared more for the body than the face so it was a good value for me.  For the $30 I paid, I received products with a value of about $133.  I've been in need of a toiletries bag for my purse and travel so the patterned cosmetic bag is welcomed!  I prefer bags like these over the typical see-through plastic cosmetic bags.  I probably will not use the microdermabrasion exfoliant because products like this are usually too abrasive for my face.  I don't wear makeup but I'm sure the cleansing wipes will still come in handy for those nights when I'm just too tired to do a thorough face cleansing before bed.  I like that they are Paraben free and contain Vitamin E, olive, grape and jojoba seed oils.  I also really liked the smell of all the lotions, creams and perfumed oils.  I prefer subtle, fresh fragrances when it comes to perfumes but I didn't find these to be too overwhelming.  The perfumed oils have rollerball applicators which I really like, plus they're small and perfect for carrying in my purse.  Most of the lotions are small, convenient tubes perfect for keeping in my purse too.  The bag also included a $10 off coupon but it didn’t mention a minimum order requirement or restrictions; hopefully I can use it on another grab bag!  My only complaint about this bag is that one of the three Skylark perfume vials had about a third less volume than the other two.  But overall, I’m pleased and would be willing to buy another mystery grab bag from DermStore in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment