Inspiration Recreation

Monday, March 30, 2015

Petit Vour - March 2015

I received my first Petit Vour box today.  Petit Vour is a beauty box and online store that features luxury vegan and cruelty free beauty products.  Since their subscription box and store offers a lot of natural skincare products, I decided to give them a try.

Here's what was featured in the March box:



Vert Mont Perfumery Eros perfume, 1.5 mL ($5.25 value)


Cost of Box:  $15 per month (free shipping to US)
Total Box Value:  $55.72
Impressions:  I will not be using the Juice Beauty CC cream because I don't wear makeup of any kind.  I've read some reviews of others who tried it that said it didn't provide very much coverage and was too orange/dark for those with pale skin. I haven't had a chance to try the Cacao & Banana face glow mask yet but I'm very intrigued by it.  It looks just like mineral powder foundation and feels velvety smooth when you rub it between your fingers so I seriously doubt there would be any problems with it being to abrasive.  The info card lists the cost at $32 but the online store lists this size at $28.  The Eros perfume is a little too rich and earthy for my preference.  I think it's the juniper smell that may be ruining it for me.  The lip cream is the item I'm most excited about.  I've been on the hunt for a natural lip balm to replace my Blistex with so this came right on time!   Since I'm switching to more natural skincare products, I've been paying closer attention to ingredient lists.  I recently learned that Blistex Medicated lip balm contains two parabens (preservatives) and I've decided to try and avoid using skincare items with paraben preservatives if I can help it.  I was a little concerned about the this lip cream being scented with lavender because I find most lavender scented things to be overwhelming.  The spearmint is the dominant fragrance but neither fragrance is overwhelming to me.  Surprisingly, I like the mint and lavender combo.  And I love how creamy and moisturizing this lip cream is.  I hope Petit Vour features more lip products from this brand!

Overall I am pleased with the variety and size of the products featured.  For the price, I'm getting more products that I find useful than I usually get in my $10 a month Birchbox (which usually leans more heavily on the makeup side).   I plan to use 2 out of the 4 products featured in this box and they should last me for weeks so I would say the $15 price isn't too bad.  I'm looking forward to the April box!

UpdatesI tried the Cacao & Banana face glow mask and it did leave my skin feeling a little smoother.  My face didn't feel tight and dry after using it.  I assume that the "glowing" effects  become more noticeable with regular use.  A complaint that I have about this product is that it didn't rinse away as cleanly as I would like.  But I guess residue is to be expected when you're essentially smearing chocolate on your face!  Also, some ingredient in the mask turned the bristles of my facial brush a yellowish color.  I also noticed this yellowish color on the cotton face pad when I swabbed my face with toner.  I had to go over my face a couple of times before most of the yellowish color went away.  I believe the yellowish color might be caused by the yellow clay and/or turmeric root ingredients.  I plan to continue using the mask but I know now that I will have to be mindful of the potential to stain my facial brush and maybe even my pillowcase if I don't go over my face with toner to remove the cacao and yellow-staining residues.

No comments:

Post a Comment