Inspiration Recreation

Friday, May 8, 2015

Beauty Fix - May 2015

I received my second BeautyFix box yesterday and I am amazed at the value of the items they included!  There are several items I am looking forward to trying.  Here's what was included in this month's box:

Product Information Card:




Smart Brow Eyebrow Filler & Cleanser Duo in Blonde and Brunette
Fillers: 2.4 ml each   Cleansers: 15 ml each ($61 each set) 

Dr. Brandt Skincare Needles No More  0.085 oz ($15.13 value)

Citrix Vit C Collagen Brightening Serum  0.06 oz  ($5.07 value)

Foil Samples:
Yon-Ka Excellence Code Cream  0.07 oz  ($7.40 value)
Yon-Ka Age Exception Cellular Code Serum  0.05 oz  ($6.68 value)

Cost of Box:  $24.95 (plus tax if applicable, includes free shipping)
Total Box Value:  approx. $245.58 including foil samples
Impressions: The retail value of this box is about 10 times the cost of the subscription which is amazing!  I am in need of some new sunscreen so I was glad to receive that.  The hair oil is the item I am most excited to try.  I don't really need it for the volumizing aspect but I always appreciate anything that prevents frizz!  And I know it probably sounds weird but I am actually quite happy to receive the Harry Josh comb.  Not because I'm a big Harry Josh fan (actually never heard of this brand) but because I really needed to replace the comb like this that I have.  Mine is an inexpensive plastic one that got partially melted when left near my flat iron one day so I am happy to have a nice carbon one to replace my old cheap one!  This type of comb works well for sectioning my hair, lightly separating curls, and smoothing straight styles.  Since this isn’t a customized box, I’m pleased to see BeautyFix actually included both shades (blonde & brunette) of the brow filler allowing more subscribers to be able to try the product.  Most beauty boxes include one shade/color of something and it’s too bad if it isn’t the correct shade/color for you.  I don't plan to use either color because I don't use brow gels so I will be trading these.  I will also trade the Wrinkles No More because I am fortunate that I don't have any wrinkles yet (and hopefully not for a long time!).  I will try the Citrix brightening serum because I love serums and this one brightens which may help with a couple of hyper-pigmented spots on my face from old acne scars.  I will probably give the foil samples a try as well.

Even if I use nothing else but the hair oil and brightening serum from this box, the value would still be twice what I paid which is great for a beauty box for me!  When compared to something like Birchbox, BeautyFix is an awesome deal even if some foil samples are included because they also include multiple full size products.  I have yet to see another beauty only box that offers the variety, quantity, and volume of product that BeautyFix offers at this price point.  And the products they feature are far greater in quality and retail value than what I ever receive in Birchbox.  BeautyFix products are also more relevant to what I need and want in beauty items which is why I'm cancelling my Birchbox.  I'd much rather pay an extra $15 to get some full size items that I'll actually use from BeautyFix than continue paying $10 for nothing but a pretty box from Birchbox.  Plus, BeautyFix ships extremely fast.  I receive my box in about 2 to 3 days after they ship.  It can take nearly 2 weeks to receive my Birchbox. 

Even though I will not use everything in this box, I still feel like the value of the products I will use are far greater than what I paid to subscribe to this box so I'm pleased with this month's box.  I'm looking forward to next month's box!

No comments:

Post a Comment