Inspiration Recreation

Monday, June 29, 2015

MSA + Kloverbox Beach House Box

Kloverbox, my favorite subscription box, and Liz Cadman, the founder of My Subscription Addiction (MSA), the subscription box review site that I follow, recently released a limited edition box called "The Beach House Box".  The box was offered for $100 and was advertised to feature "beauty, home and lifestyle items inspired by a beach house vacation".  Although it was a mystery box with no spoilers, Kloverbox is one of my favorite subscription boxes so I decided to go for it.  I was sure there would be something in it that I would use!  Here is a look at the items featured in the Beach House box:

Product Information Card

Olio Studio Aqua Stripe Pillow (Value Unknown)
(matches my current bedding color scheme)


Tatcha Ageless Enriching Renewal Cream  0.4 oz  ($43.53 value)

Thursday Friday Gift Card ($20 value)

Cost of Box:  $100 (shipping included) - $10 Credit for late shipment = $90
Total Box Value:  Over $264.53 (excluding gift card)
Impressions:   Although there were some issues with the delivery of this box and given that it was a mystery box, I am quite pleased that I got it.  The tote bag was offered in three different color variations in this box.  I received the Antler (taupe) color which I think is a nice neutral color that is in line with what I would normally purchase and carry.  I like the gold turn-lock closure, the cord to hold your keys, the durable canvas exterior, and the fact that the interior lining is easy to clean if you do decide to use it on the beach.  The Thursday Friday website is currently having an 80% off 4th of July sale so you can get one of these bags in many different color variations for only $22 for a limited time!  The box included a $20 gift card to use on the site but the 80% off sale is a much better deal.  Although this is a nice, pretty tote, I do not believe it warrants the $110 price tag.  The sale price is a little more fitting in my opinion considering it's not a designer bag and it's not real leather accents.  I would say the quality is comparable to a nice bag from Target or a sensibly priced department store.  The bag measures 12.75"H x 18.5"W x 6"D with a 9" handle drop.  It's a little larger than I would normally carry for everyday use but still a good roomy bag for travel and beach vacations.  I'm planning to use it on my 4th of July trip home to my parents!   I'm lucky that the color of the throw pillow matches the aqua color of my comforter set perfectly so it's serving as another accent pillow on my bed.  I really like the natural products that were featured in this box.  The Vitamin C scrub smells wonderfully of pineapple and I'm anxious to use it soon!  I'm happy the sunscreen is a spray (which I prefer) unlike the other sunscreens I've received in other beauty boxes this year.  It also doesn't have a strong smell, which is nice.  I'm also happy to get to try another product from Tatcha.  I received the rice powder enzyme sample in another box and have been using it sparingly since this brand is so expensive and a luxury I would not splurge on for a full size.  The full size of this moisturizing renewal cream is a whopping $185 for 1.7 oz!  So, although this cream container is small, it's still quite valuable and will be used sparingly.  It is luxurious and rich and doesn't seem to take much to get the job done.  The hand soap is needed but I'm not overly excited about the scent.  The website says the scent consists of several different mints and eucalyptus but I'm not able to pick those scents up.  My sense of smell may just be having an off day! 

Overall, I am happy with this box!  I will be using all the items in this box and the value is well over the cost so it was definitely worth it for me.  The throw pillow was made exclusively for this box so there is no set value for it but similar pillows on the Olio Studio site are around $49.  The retail value of the box without the pillow and gift card is still $264!  And because my box was delayed in shipping, I will be given a $10 credit on my purchase which I thought was very nice of MSA and Kloverbox to do considering they had no control over the issues that caused the delay.  I hope Kloverbox offers more limited edition boxes in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment