Inspiration Recreation

Friday, June 26, 2015

Burke Home Decor Box - June 2015

I recieved my second box from Burke Home Décor and I am very impressed with this month's box!  This subscription box service was originally advertised as providing at least 3 to 4 items with a retail value of $120 in each box.  Here is what I received in my box this month!

Product Information Sheet


Torre & Tagus Porcelain Snack Bowl in Black  4.5" x 2.5" (value unkown)





Cost of Box:  $55 (includes shipping)
Total Box Value:  Estimated at about $115
Impressions:   Overall, I am very happy with this month's box!  I ordered the first box Burke Home released in April but it was definitely disappointing in my opinion.  I cancelled my subscription but really hoped they would eventually turn things around because I was excited about the concept of a home decor box (which is rare in the subscription box world).  I definitely think that they have improved by leaps and bounds over their inaugural boxes.  This month's box is better curated and doesn't include a bunch of random clearance items like the first boxes.  I also like that they included product information this time.  I think the items included in this month's box are quality and luxurious treats.  I am so excited to finally have Turkish Towel because I've heard so many people rave about how wonderful and multifunctional they are as a lightweight throw, wrap, scarf, and quick drying beach towel all in one!  And mine is striped and yellow - two of my favorite things together!  I really wanted the large Torre & Tagus serving bowl but the small snack bowl is still a pretty addition on my entrance table to hold my keys, etc.  I have a lot of darker neutrals in my home so the black and cream pattern I received works with my decor.  I'm not sure of the exact value of the bowl but the medium sized bowl on the Burke Home website is $14 and the large is $22.  I did find the small snack bowl on other websites for $6.  I think the candle I received smells very nice but the hand soap is a little on the masculine side, however, I still plan to use it.  I'm almost out of hand soap in my master bath so this arrived right on time!  I thought the incense sticks were an odd addition and don't like the scent I received.  I don't camp, have a fireplace, or burn incense sticks so they would not have been used anyway.

The retail value of my box is not quite $120 but still twice what I paid so I'm happy.  My box was delayed a couple of weeks because this month's box was so popular.  Apparently they started running out of the large Torre & Tagus serving bowls that were included in the first boxes shipped out which may explain why some people got small Torre & Tagus bowls instead and thus lower value boxes.  Although the retail value is slightly less than was originally advertised for this subscription box, I plan to use everything except the incense sticks so it's still a good value for me.  And the items I received will last a long time.  Plus, this box includes heavy items and it arrived within a few days of shipping by UPS, all included in the $55 price so I'm definitely impressed with the value I got.

Although I was really impressed with the improvements Burke Home made with this month's box, I did not resubscribe to regularly scheduled shipments.  I purchased this month as a one-time purchase only after I saw someone else's review of their box.  I will wait to see a couple more boxes before I decide to recommit to a regular subscription schedule.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they include in next month's box!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Didnt see those bowls in other reviews though, just the towel. Did you get a chance to see Decoterie? Not many home decor boxes out there but love this one! Brand new. http://decoterie.cratejoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know! I'm interested to see what they offer but haven't found reviews from anyone yet. I did join their waitlist though.

    ReplyDelete