Inspiration Recreation

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Acure Glamorganic Goddess Beauty Kit

I recently ordered a special one time purchase beauty box from Acure in support of Danielle Messina, The Glamorganic Goddess, who is fighting breast cancer.   I'm excited to get to try more of the natural and certified organic products from Acure and really happy 100% of the proceeds from this box go to such a worthy cause. 

From Acure website:
Please help us raise funds for our friend Danielle Messina, The Glamorganic Goddess, whose mission is to find clean beauty products, inspire others, and promote education about the importance of prevention through a truly healthy lifestyle. At just 37 years old her doctor's have discovered a secondary recurrence of Breast Cancer. We are donating 100% of the proceeds of this kit to help Danielle with her Glamorganic Goddess Go Fund Me Campaign

Acure has been selling this special beauty kit for several weeks but I'm not sure how long they will have it available for sale.   I'm assuming they will continue selling it until Danielle reaches her Go Fund Me goal.  As of the posting of this review, it was still for sale.

Here is a look at the Acure items featured in the Glamorganic Goddess Beauty Kit:

Acure Rose and Red Tea Facial Toner  2 oz ($9.99, sale price)


Acure Moroccan Argan Oil  1 oz  ($12.99)





 
Samples

Cost of Box:  $19.99 (free shipping)
Total Box Value:  $33.96
Impressions:   I liked the Acure Brightening Facial Scrub I received in my July Goodebox so this box was an affordable way to try a variety of other items from their product line all while supporting a worthy cause.  The Acure products are free of a lot of junk so I feel good about using them.

I don't receive toner in beauty boxes very often and I'm almost out of my current toner so I'm looking forward to seeing how the rose and tea spray toner works out on my skin.  Two ounces seems like a small volume to sell a product like a toner but I suppose the mist application allows for more coverage with less product.  The Moroccan Argan oil is a multi-purpose product that can be used pretty much head to toe which is nice!  I've only used Argan oil hair products before so I'm looking forward to trying a argan oil product that is appropriate for face and body too because oil based products usually do a better job of moisturizing my dry skin than cream moisturizers.  This bottle is only 1 oz but a little goes a very long way!  I tried it on my hands and accidentally pumped out too much so it took a while to rub it all in.  It did a great job but I just have to be careful to only pump out a small amount.  I applied a tiny amount to my face and it did absorb readily without leaving a greasy feel.  I've recently become a big fan of cleansing towelettes.  They are so handy and provide a nice refreshing pick me up throughout the day, especially during these hot summer months.  These Argan oil towelettes are unscented in that there are no perfumes but the argan oil itself does have a scent.  These towelettes are not quite as moist as other towelettes I've used and didn't glide over my face as smoothly but they did leave my skin feeling moisturized and soft after cleaning.  The lip balm also contains argan oil and is chocolate and mint flavored - what's not to love about that?!  This box also included samples of a cleanser, moisturizer, and night cream.  I'm definitely interested in seeing how well the gel facial cleanser will work.

Overall, I think the value of this box is good.  I will be using everything included.  If you don't like argan oil then this would not be a good box to try since so many of the products contain it.  So far, the argan oil isn't causing any breakouts, doesn't leave a greasy or oily feeling on my skin, and leaves my skin feeling softer after use.  Hopefully this continues to be the case!  A few of the Acure products are available at my local Target store but not all the items in this box are so, again, this box was an affordable and convenient way to try out several of their products. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment