Inspiration Recreation

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Goodebox - August 2015

I received my August Goodebox today!  Here is a look at the samples I received in this month's box:

Cost of Box:  $21 (free shipping)
Total Box Value:  $60.20
Impressions:   The monthly price for the Goodebox recently increased slightly for a variety of reasons, one being the inclusion of more full size products and deluxe size samples.   I am happy to see that 3 of the 5 samples I received are full size.  However, I am disappointed that this box included 2 makeup items.  My beauty profile questionnaire clearly expresses my lack of interest in makeup products and Goodebox has been very good about honoring my preferences in the past.  So, I feel like this month's box wasn't as customized as my previous boxes from them.  The total value of this box is good but the value of the 3 samples I plan to use only make up a little over half of the total value.  I wish I had received the orange or rose scented versions of the LoveFresh deodorants.  I'm not crazy about the Lemon Verbena scent but I will give this product a try because it has all 5 star ratings on the LoveFresh website.  It does include baking soda which can cause skin irritation for some people so I will have to test it on only a small area of my underarm first.  I applied a thin layer to the back of my hand and it went on smoothly, clearly, and didn't turn ashy or flaky after it dried.  I wiped my hand on a dark t-shirt and I didn't notice any white marks, which is a plus.  The scent did linger on my hand until I washed it really well.  And the shea butter and coconut oil it contains is moisturizing.  My favorite item out of this box is the Zoe Organics Everything Balm.  I have dry skin, especially on my hands, so heavier moisturizing products like oils and balms are best for me.  I applied this on my hands and it worked well but, as the name implies, this balm can be used for more than just a moisturizer.  I love multi-purpose products!  I see this tube getting used up quickly!  I recently became a fan of Argan oil as a result of some Argan Oil Acure products I tried so I am happy that the Kahina facial cleanser contains Argan oil.  The eyeshadow and brightener powders look pretty and of good quality but I will be gifting those. 

This month's Goodebox was okay for me but not as good as my July box but I'm looking forward to seeing the continued improvements at Goodebox.

No comments:

Post a Comment