Inspiration Recreation

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

JCrew Order Review

I received my J-Crew sale order (posted Dec. 17, 2010) last week and wanted to post a few comments on the fit of the items I ordered and post some possible outfit ideas (via Polyvore). 

I ordered the small in the Pefect Fit Mix Tape Cardigans and I think they are fairly true to size.  I have a 36 bust and approx. 29 waist and the small fit me just fine.  The construction of these cardis are more like a thin sweatshirt.  I was expecting a lighter weight material.  Also the colors are duller in real life than in the photos.  My major complaint is the length... I wish they were about 3 inches shorter (but this could be a good thing if you're tall or have a long torso).  I personally do not like it when cardis fall half way down my butt!  Maybe a few wash/dry cycles will shrink them some.  I know that it sounds like I have alot of complaints about these cardis but I do actually think they are great cardigans.  I like the overall fit and feel of them so I'm keeping them.  

The Cascading Flutter Shells fit perfectly in x-small on me.  However, the white one is fairly thin so I doubt I'll ever wear it without a cardi or jacket over it.  It does go very well with the bronzed twig cardi (pictured below on me).  The platoon green shell is opaque enough to be worn on its own.

 
The Muse Tank also fit wonderfully in x-small. I almost ordered it in the Urban grey color but I'm so glad I went with the smoky charcoal instead. I really like the color. The silk overlay on the front and the ribbon tied around the waist adds just enough interest and sophistication to make it both work and out-to-a-nice-dinner appropriate.

And now for some ideas on how I can work these new items into my current wardrobe:




Added to my casual work wardrobe:
Multi Tier Shell
$49 - anntaylorloft.com
Vintage tops »

Sequin Bib Tee
$14 - anntaylorloft.com
Sequined tops »

Skinny Strap Knit Tank
$24 - anntaylorloft.com
Ann Taylor LOFT »

Metallic Trim Slub Tank
$29 - anntaylorloft.com
Ann Taylor LOFT »

Rustic Studded Belt
$9.80 - canada.forever21.com
Forever21 belts »

Xhilaration
$18 - target.com



Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment