Inspiration Recreation

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Craving mustard...?!

.... mustard yellow that is.  For the past several weeks I have become obsessed with all things mustard yellow and gold.  I even posted a set on Polyvore about my mad craving.  I used alot of old JCrew catalog photos for inspiration.

I think it all started with the Emersonmade Goldie skirt that I blogged about a few weeks ago (here).

 
I still haven't found a good affordable alternative to the Goldie skirt :(.  But I'm getting desperate enough to consider sewing my own... lol!  I do know how to do some basic sewing but I don't know if a skirt with pockets and pleats is within my sewing skill set.  Hopefully I will find something off the rack soon so I can avoid that whole ordeal.

However, I did find this inexpensive mustard-yellow cardigan from Forever 21 ($18, buy here).

 
Cute, inexpensive, and I like the pockets and brass-like buttons!  I like buttons... buttons and pockets... and cardigans... they're my favorite!

J over @ J's Everday Fashion had a post about mustard yellow and some other inexpensive sources for mustard-yellow cardigans (link to post).

Thanks for stopping by!
~ connie-nicole ~

1 comment: